Friday 21 January 2011

First project Fini

The first (an easiest) pattern from my Sewing Through the Decades checklist is Butterick 3772.  In fact, it was so easy that tracing, cutting the paper pattern, cutting the fabric and sewing took about two hours.

I bought this cotton tablecloth at the Former Pattern Murdering Thrift Shop in my village.  I still don't know all the proper terminology for fabrics, so I'm going to call this thick cotton.  No, that's not right.  It's only medium weight, but very tightly woven, so I didn't have to worry about finishing the seams - I just pinked them.


(The daycare just finished a unit on insects, so all the little ones really love bugs.  "Bug" was one of Tashi's first words, so I thought she'd like this fabric.)  

Here's a photo of Tashi trying to take a photo, because there would be no photos of this project without letting her have her way, but there would have been a whole hell of a lot of screaming.


Bye bye.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading Dilatory. The dress is absolutely adorable! You are such a classy lady, include your face in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had to take those photos at home alone, and I don't have a tripod, so balancing my camera on the stereo didn't quite work. I'll have to think of a better setup for when I'm alone ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...