Friday 28 September 2012

Thank Oona for saving me from bloggy financial ruin

Oh hey, so Oona explained that even though my Picasa account is full, I can keep uploading photos less than 800 x 800 for free, so prepare yourself for some small, crappy, low resolution photos!

Oh, I certainly know how to attract the readers, don't I?

Where was I?  Well, after I made that yellow cut-out muslin I showed in the last post, I blithely made the alterations I thought I would need and cut into my red/white/blue double-sided shwe shwe. The result is....OK.  The fit through the bodice is a bit loose for my liking. I tossed it into the wash and dried it on high heat, since I hear that's how the best couturiers do it at Chanel. 

True story. 


OK, maybe not.  It actually helped a bit, but I would still like to open up the side seams and do a bit of fussing about with the fit. 




I also made a vest from a 1980 Style pattern my mother gave me.  I have had a morbid fear of vests since the '90s, due to these attrocities:  







and these: 


"Busy Mom's To-Do List" Tacky Ugly Sweater Vest Women's Size XL
(I take exception to this "Mom's To Do List":  Up at 8am?!?  Sleep at 10pm?!?  What kind of slacker's paradise does this Mom live in?)

and these:

Mine is positively invisible in comparison: 

Taken by a 3 year old using an iPhone.  Doesn't look so bad now that you know the backstory, does it?  ;)

Tiny pocket for my stash.  And by stash I mean candy.




More to follow tomorrow, that's if I'm not exhausted from my vest-inspired "busy" Mom day of sleeping in, going to bed early, and not going to work.  Pft. 






8 comments:

  1. Love your LBV!!! And the candy on the inside is brilliant. I fully understand your fear of vests - I actually have a vest pattern that is required to be made up in Xmas fabric!!! Whatever possessed me to even think it would be wearable???? Still uncut if anyone would like it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my cousin had one of those with bells on it. I'll have to look through my photo albums for the incriminating evidence.

      Delete
  2. I have a flickr account, but the last time I tried, blogger wouldn't let me post from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great vest- I too have vest fear- I was once told quite seriously by a friend offering meaningful advice that 'a vest is a chubby girls best friend'....oh my. You have made me rethink them positively!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. I hope that friend had a vest, because she probably needed a new best friend after that comment.

      Delete
  4. I don't think the dress is bad at all! Glad you resorted to Chanel techniques. I totally would have done the same thing (and have many times!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I think I'll give Karl a call and let him in on my haute couture secrets.

      Delete
  5. Love the cutout accents.
    Re photos: You could also start using a Flickr account or snapfish/photobucket/ shutterfly etc most of which you can use your FB/Twitter accounts to log into. That way when this one fills up you have another one to link through. Doesn't blogger give you an image quota for the month?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...